Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentines... FINALLY!


This weekend I went to visit my boyfriend Tyler and stayed with his family for about six days. I had an absolute blast. Since it was Valentines day he had all of these wonderful things planned. (Now, the reason I'm talking about this is because it had to do a lot with communication so bear with me. Also, I just had so much fun I have to share it!)I have never had a boyfriend on Valentines day. I am a very affectionate person and it turn I want a lot of affection. So, needless to say I have been waiting 20 long years for a valentine. I told Tyler this. I didn't want to just assume that he was going to do something marvelous and then find out that Valentines wasn't that important to him, and then I would be all disappointed and mad and he wouldn't understand why. So I told him straight up how important it was to me and how I want him to know that and blah di blah di blah. He kept saying "Just trust me Sophie, I promise you won't be disappointed." So I went to boise on the 11th. He helped me bring my stuff up into my room, and what do you know, there is a huge bouquet of beautiful flowers sitting on the desk with a little not saying how glad he is that I'm there and how much he loves me. So, that was a great way to start things off! (I have ALWAYS wanted to receive flowers from a boy, I know I'm really weird and silly, but it's just how I am.)Then we had a blast Thursday and Friday he took me out to eat and we hung out and joked and laughed. Then on Saturday we went for our morning walk/jog and hung out, went to lunch, etc and then he told me to get dressed up in a dress because he had a surprise for me. He didn't tell me where we were going but we finally got to the location and he was taking me to the Trey McIntire Project which is this amazing dance company. Wow. (I do ballet and absolutely love dance... He on the other hand not so much, so it was super selfless of him to spend all that money for it and not even really enjoy it)So that was absolutely wonderful, and then afterwards, he took me to Olive Garden. Which I had been craving for quite some time. We then went home and went to bed and the next day was valentines day. We went to church and did the regular sunday stuff and then he went upstairs for a half hour or so and then came down and got me and told me to close my eyes and brought me upstair. He took me into the dining room where he had set up this cute little candle lit meal with spaghetti and sparkling grape juice just for the two of us. It was SOOOO cute! So then later that night we exchanged gifts and he got me a bunch of red candy and a super cute valentines card. I had spent hours making him this cute, sentimental slide show with pictures of us and captions set to our song, and then I got him a few other things. But let me just say, Valentines was PERFECT. Absolutely perfect. I don't knwo what he would have done if I hadn't told him that it was important to me, but it doesn't matter. I'm glad I did and I'm glad he listened. Because it was absolutely perfect.

2 comments:

SisEmbree said...

Awww, he sounds so sweet! :-) Good for you for having a perfect Valentines Day!

Jessie said...

Soph! So cute! I'm glad you had a fantastic valentines day, and i'm glad you have a valentine!