Monday, May 3, 2010

A New Leaf

Well. Now that Interpersonal Communication is over, my blog will no longer be taken over by school assignments. Only personal stuff now, so be prepared! :) So let's start from the end of last semester.

First of all, let me just say that I got ALL A'S AND A MINUSES!!!! I was so so so excited. It was a really stressful semester. But I learned a lot and really enjoyed it. I had a class called Natural Disasters. I learned a ton in that class. I am constantly talking about earth quakes and volcanoes and correctinig things on TV that are incorrect. For example, while was at Tyler's house in Boise we played a lot of Wii Mario Party. There is a mini game called "Lava or Leave 'em." In the beginning of the game it shows this big volcano and then this red hot lava flowing down the sides. So I went into this detailed explanation about how that volcano is completely incorrect and a large volcano like that would not behave that way and so on and so on. Tyler just laughed and said "Ok sophie, I believe you." Or something to that effect.


Along with that Natural Disasters class, I took a Personality Psychology class (among many others.) This class was a little shocking. I was a Psychology major. This class made me lose faith in Psychology. I just don't really believe in it anymore. This class made me see how selfish the practice of therapy is. Basically you sit in a room and talk about yourself. What good does that do? Wouldn't it be better if instead of talking about yourself you got outside of yourself and served others? Anyway so now I'm really confused and I think I want to change my major. I'm taking a floral design class right now and I love it. I'm thinking of changing my major to University Studies which would mean I would have two minors and a cluster. So I would do Psychology and Horticulture (Floral Design emphasis) for my minors since I am already done with Psychology and then a dance cluster. I only have about a year and a half left though. I don't know what to do. But I'm going on a mission after this semester. So we will see when I get back!!

Ok, now for the fun part. From April 9th to April 20th I stayed at Tyler's house in Boise! I had so so so much fun. While I was there is Tyler's mom's birthday and Tyler's birthday. We had so much fun and did so many fun things. We went out to eat and went to movies. He even took me to the Last Song! I loved it. We went to Macoroni Grill (which is one of my favorite restaurants.) We went to the Discovery Center and had a picnic in the park. We explored downtown and went shopping and went to the Record Exchange. We rented movies and went for walks and went to family dinner both the Sundays I was there. I love going to his family dinners. We eat delicious food and play fun games. (I killed at Mad Gab. No one was having fun because I was getting like every single one.) We got my hair cut and played rockband and Mario Kart and Mario Party. For Tyler's birthday I took him to Outback Steakhouse and then we went and saw Clash of the Titans in 3D the Saturday before his birthday because on his actual birthday we were having a big family get together. Then we came home and opened presents. It was so much fun. It was hard to leave after being there for twelve days and having an absolute wonderful time. His family was so so sweet and accomadating. Seriously, they were so wonderful. They were welcoming and just so, so great. And Lexi (14) gave up her room to me the entire time. I can't even believe how selfless she was! Anyway. Here are some pictures from the trip. I'm waiting for TJ to post or send me the rest. But here are some for now. Sorry this was so long but I had a lot to catch up on!







2 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm so glad you are going to keep your blog! And I am so glad you had a lot of fun at Tylers. I can't wait for you to come home so we can hang out all the time! Good luck with school and deciding what to do with your life!

Sophie Caroline said...

Haha thanks Jess!!!! You better keep up on your blog too now that I'm full force into the blog world. It's a good Journal.